Monday, August 07, 2006

Maps of Sana'a

I wanted to test out Picasa's BlogThis! feature, so I thought I'd throw up a few maps of Sana'a which I discovered while searching high and low for them, including attempting to search for maps in French, German, Italian, and Arabic. There truly aren't very many good maps of Sana'a available online that I have been able to find. But here are the best of the them. I know the Lonely Planet series guidebooks have some decent maps street maps for most of the larger cities in Yemen, and even mark out the major Arabic schools in Sana'a. If you utilize these maps, with Lonely Planet, and even Google Maps satellite imagery, you should be able to get a pretty good feel of the area before you arrive. At least, that's what I am hoping to be true... Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger أبو مرقس said...

I bought a map of Sana'a from Tahir Square that's in English. It doesn't have a great deal of detail on it and there's certainly room for improvement. But that's the way it is in Sana'a, there's no telephone directory that I'm aware of either.

4:10 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home