Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Oct 17

Tuesday Oct 17
Today slept until nearly 1pm. Ismail called to see about class at 1:30, but told him I still didn't feel up to it. Took my medications and went down to the kitchen to eat a bowl of cereal. I figured fasting wouldn't do anything to help me get over a cold. After that I grabbed my books and headed up to the mafraj where I was going to attempt to homework, however I still really don't feel up to it due to this cold, so I just sat around and watched TV. Caught some Seinfeld, which is always great, and then some Full House. Then watched the last half of Finding Forrester, which is good because I watched maybe the last 10 minutes last night and didn't have any idea what was going on... It's too bad I didn't catch it all, it seems like a good flick. Then I went out for dinner at Palestine Restaurant. Had the usual half chicken and rice. Although this half chicken was apparently the burnt, or extra crsipy half. Ater that I went to the juice bar for a half strawberry, half orange juice mix... Figured all the extra vitamin C I can get will only help me in ridding this cold. Then I headed back to the house where I talked with Matt for a bit, and then proceeded to type for hours and hours, seemingly.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan
Happy Birthday, to you!!!!

10:33 PM PDT  
Blogger t said...

Hope you feel much much better.

10:38 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you! I'll be getting in to Sana'a on the first. I'll look you up once I get my bearings. Was jet lag much of an issue with you? I've been invited to a Qat chew on my first day. I told him that I'd like a day or two to get used to being there, but he was very insistent. The more I think of it, the more I don't really want to do that anyway, would it be considered incredibly rude to turn down an offer like that? Hope you feel better. I'll see you soon!

Isaac

11:20 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I don't know your email address, I'll post mine here. It's isaacc7 at mac dot com. You can figure out the actual one:-) I'm doing my last bit of packing, tomorrow I'm off to NYC, and the to Dubai, and then (whew!) Sana'a! See you soon!

Isaac

12:41 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan.. I could not find another mean of contacting you..
My name is Antoinette, I am interested in studying at SIAL and I was hoping that you could fill me in on your overall impressions. I was enjoying reading your bloggs however I need to make a decision soon and would like a definite response in your opinion of your experience. Please feel free to email me at ammoh@gmu.edu

Sincerely
Antoinette

8:08 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan,

Happy late birthday !!! I don't know how to use this and if you'll see this so I am trying. Do you have an email or an address there so I can send you a late bday present and early Christmas present? We sure will miss you at Thanksgiving. I hope that you are feeling better and we have enjoyed reading about your journey. I didn't know that I could answer. Let me know if I am really talking to you. shellijeff@msn.com or do I just watch your blog? Told you I was computer dumb. Hope you have a good evening. Love you,

Shelli Critchlow

9:28 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan

Happy Thanksgiving to you so far, far away! Glad you're well, again!

1:01 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any updates??

8:13 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, c'mon -- update your Blog!

9:21 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Ryan

On your list with Amazon you mentioned three schools. Why did you pick the one you are attending over the other two?

Thanks Steve (sgrigsbysprint@earthlink.net)

11:37 AM PST  
Blogger t said...

Merry Christmas.

1:40 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan,
I'm planning to study in Sanaa for a few months. Could you tell me your impression about SIAL, how's the quality, would you recommend SIAL or maybe another institute? Did you hear reviews about the American Institute for Arabis studies?
Kinds regards,

Suzanne
S_van_gompel@hotmail.com

12:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home